Disclaimer – Protection of Personal Information – PoPI Act
GoBuild360 (Pty) Ltd would like to welcome you to its website.
By viewing this website you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information (POPI) disclaimer.
GoBuild360 shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this disclaimer “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
The Collection of Personal Information
GoBuild360 collects Personal information primarily for the following purposes:
Employee and Contractor Information
o To Remunerate the person;
o To comply with laws authorising or requiring such processing, including (but not limited to) the Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997; the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995; the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998; the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, the Income Tax Act 58 of 1962 and the VAT Act 89 of 1991;
o To Admit the person to the Pension Fund and/or Medical Aid providers, if applicable;
o To conduct criminal, credit, employment reference and other related reference checks;
o To provide value added services such as human resource administration, training, performance reviews, talent management and other reasons related to the management of employees and/or contractors
o To render customer related services and administration of customer accounts;
o To conduct criminal, credit, reference and other related reference checks
o To authenticate the customer;
o To provide the customer with information which GoBuild360 believes may be of interest to the customer, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of general public interest in which GoBuild360 is involved or has decided to lend its support to.
Supplier and Third Party Contractor/Service Provider Information
o To secure the products and services of the supplier/service provider or contractor as part of GoBuild360’s product and service offering;
o To manage the GoBuild360 supply chain and relationship with the supplier and/or contractor for any purposes required by law by virtue of the relationship between the supplier and GoBuild360
o To render services relating to the administration of supplier supplier/service provider or contractor accounts;
o To provide the supplier/service provider or contractor with information which GoBuild360 believes may be of interest, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of general public interest in which GoBuild360 is involved or has decided to lend its support to.
o Third-Party Processors
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
Digital Marketing Service Providers
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activities on our behalf. Such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
o To obtain the written consent of the parent/legal guardian of the child must be obtained before publishing the child’s details
Sources of Personal Information
Personal information may be collected from the following sources:
o Directly from the person when he/she applies for any GoBuild360 related employment, provide services to GoBuild360, submit forms requests or transactions, use our websites or make use of any of the GoBuild360 services;
o From public registers, credit bureaus and law enforcement agencies and any other organisation from which GoBuild360 may acquire your information;
o From people and entities employed by GoBuild360 to provide services to GoBuild360 which may be legally entitled to provide GoBuild360 with personal information.
The Storage of Personal Information
All personal information collected by GoBuild360 will be stored as follows:
o In a secure and safe manner according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure its privacy and confidentiality;
o For no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected unless further retention is:
§ Required by law or contractual obligation;
§ Otherwise reasonably required by GoBuild360 for lawful purposes related to its functions and activities;
§ Retained further with the person’s consent
After which the information will be de-identified and disposed of as per the GoBuild360 Control of Records policy.
Sharing of Personal Information
1. To the divisions and entities in the GoBuild360 Group, including directors, employees, contractors, agents, auditors, legal and other professional advisors who are authorised to process this information;
2. To financial and government organisations who may request information from GoBuild360, in which case the data subject will be notified in advance; the provision of such information, including banks, governmental, judicial, regulatory and law enforcement bodies including the South African Revenue services and the National Credit Regulator;
3. To persons employed by GoBuild360 to provide services on our behalf and that adhere to principles similar to GoBuild360 regarding the treatment of personal information;
4. To any person to whom GoBuild360 cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of our rights or obligations pertaining to products and/or services provided to the person or contracts concluded with the person;
5. To any person who acts as legal guardian, executor of an estate, curator or in a similar capacity;
6. To any person or persons who may be permitted by applicable law or that you may consent to, including persons or entities who may request such information to evaluate the credit worthiness of the person.
Your Rights regarding your Personal Information
A data subject (employee, contractor, supplier and/or customer) has the following rights to his/her personal information collected, processed and stored by GoBuild360:
· Right of access to and the right to rectify or update the personal information collected;
· The right to object at any time to the processing of the personal information in which event the consequences of the objection will be explained to the data subject.
· The right to request GoBuild360 to no longer process the personal information of the data subject should the information not be required for further processing or by law.
General Conditions pertaining to Personal Information
GoBuild360 accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable directly or indirectly from information made available on these pages or links, or actions or transaction resulting there from.
The Laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms and conditions of any products and services contained in these pages. Should you request products or services through the GoBuild360 Website you hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, actions, applications or the like instituted by each party against the other, and in any way arising from any stated terms and conditions.